Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Caged

Better late than never. Here is some snapshots from my day at Hyper Japan. Unfortunately the lighting was terrible in the venue, as you can see in some photos, so I didnt take that many.

My outfit was practically entirely handmade except for my jacket and got a lot of male attention but I havent seen any of their photos appear anyway, suprise, suprise. I had a fair few issues with the fit of the top and the skirt is sooo short so im not 100% happy but I got a few compliments on it and noone asked me if it was handmade so thats good, right? Anyways, this photo is the only outfit shot I actually have from the day since I went alone thus having noone to take pictures. Sad times. This was taken by the Hyper Japan staff for their photo competition, if you go to their facebook you can check out their galleries of con-goers.

At the event there was loads to do and look at I was entertained pretty much up until I had to leave for the train home. There was always something on at all three stages and all the things I saw were good. My highlights were the performance by vkei/jrock band Vaniru and the rythmic gymnast who performed before an excercise demonstration (yes I took part in my big boots and skimpy outfit, pretty sure onlookers got an eyeful, whoops). I hadnt even heard of Vaniru before HJ but they were a very good discovery and you should check them out- even if its just for the perfection of the vocalists beauty and hair.

Before I went I was really looking forward the the Tokyo Fashion Story fashion show, but was actually a little underwhelmed by it. Maybe its because that kind of fashion isnt anything new to me now and is mostly normalised in my mind, but I found the outfits eell put together but nothing spectacular. I wasnt left withthe 'wow that was so cool' feeling I was hoping for...

Another highlight was some of the cosplays I saw wandering around. Unfortunately I missed the cosplay parade for a reason that escapes me now but the videos are up on youtube for everyone to watch. At some point during the day I got handed the little slip you see in the photos, I actually thought this was a nice idea and promtly walked around the hall looking to pass it on. I gave it to a girl in a really cute maid outfit because she looked adorable, but im pretty sure dhe thought it was weird :/

Okay, I think thats it! Sorry if this post is laid out boring, im posting from a blogger app so I have no clue how it will look, promise ill fix it later. Right now im preparing for bed and thought id better update while I had the chance. The past few weeks ive been so busy between working full time and frantically sewing my Frock On! outfits. I still have to sew ruffles onto one dress and then make two blouses and bows etc but I should get everything done on time... Fingers crossed.

Im keeping my outfits' progress secret right now, just so everyone will be suprised on the day. However, since I go on holiday 12 hours or so after FO finishes I doubt ill have a blog post by then so youll have to wait. If youre really desperate, ill post a few snaps on instagram (@harrisiaintenebris) and twitter (@harrisia_i_t) so check those out on saturday 31st and September 1st for a sneak peak~~

Oyasuminasailles~!
(Thats Versailles speak for goodnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment