Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Cross my Heart and Hope to Fly

A little later than planned, this is finally my write up on my local comms meet in May. It was the first meet I had been to since the big JetJ Party last year on account of always working weekends. Now, however, my shifts have changed and I get weekends free! Anywho, this meet was to the Kirklees Abbey House Museum and I was so excited for it that I designed and made my own 'screen' printed skirt for it!

I don't remember if I have ever been in the Abbey House Museum before, but i have many great memories from the ruined Abbey grounds the museum is on from my childhood but I hadn't been there in years. Unfortunately the weather was rather rainy and generally not great so we had to abandon the planned picnic and werent able to go to the Abbey itself :( I'd like to go again sometime though and I forgot how close and easy it is to get to! Lets move on to the pictures shall we?

Stupidly, I forgot my camera so thank you to all those who didn't forget and were able to get some pictures. All credits go to their photographer and not me (blah blah).



Inside the museum, the entire bottom floor of the old Abbey House had been transformed into a replication of an old Victorian street, complete with houses, shops, a school building, the pub below and the public toilets. This, of course called for many a photo since everything looked so pretty. Somehow I managed to escape the camera most of the time though ^^'








After a few hours exploring the museum we left for the city centre where we went for Japanese food in one of my favourite restaurants ever, Little Tokyo. On the way we stopped in the fleeting sunshine for this quite group shot. The sun was in our eyes and it was windy so excuse all the squinty faces ^^; Normally the local community is nowhere near this black but somehow we all managed to be on the same wavelength that visiting historical ruins naturally meant Gothic.


 And finally, here is some in progress shots of the skirt I made for the meet. I painstakingly drew and created the stencil for the skirt and then, with fingers crossed, sponged it onto the skirt. Ordinarily this would be done as a screen print, but all the little details and lack of time meant this was the quickest way to get a good print out of it, especially after it took me about 2 days to get the stencils done. The back of the skirt was a bustle, the same as the red dress in a previous post. I matched this with my georgette ruffled underskirt, chiffon sleeved, high neck blouse and some buckled heels (both offbrand). To match the slightly OTT print i went with slightly OTT hair and fed some foam millinery roses into my bun and added a chain too to add a little silver too. I also made a little bow and cross ring that you can kind of make out in the top picture. Other accessories were two cross necklaces and my beautiful Alice and the Pirates emblem pouchette (the only brand thing i wore! :O)





Thats all for now guys, the next update will be either a haul post or another meetup post since I attended another one today :D. See you there~

PS: If you want more regular updates on a day to day basis, please add me on instagram: @harrisiaintenebris
I often post a lot of outfit snaps and crafty things that arent really blog worthy there  ^^'

No comments:

Post a Comment