Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

Frock ON! Day 2

Day two of the lolita extravaganza was not nearly as action packed as the first. After getting up pretty early to get ready then dropping my suitcase off at left luggage at Victoria station, finding my local group and then heading off to the lavish Reubens Hotel to enjoy a delicious tea party! It was mostly just a social affair, the only activity being a raffle and lots and lots of pictures being taken. Naturally, being the cake lover i am, i  ate instead of picture taking.... Unfortunately that doesnt bode well for blogging because I don't have very many pictures for you all! How silly am i?!

That cake was very good though....

The staff were a little baffled but served us tea while the sandwiches and cake was brought out. I had a few sandwiches, a scone and then set about some cake. With one little stand to share we all started out pretty timidly, not wanting to seem greedy but after staff then came and replaced it well... we dug in! Actually it was really nice that i got to talk to a lot of people i had never met and probably never would have normally spoken to and everybody seemed to be having a good time. I mingled a little, but since im a little shy at first i mostly stuck with people i knew and stuffed my face. So ladylike!


                                             Yes, unfortunately this is the best photo i have of my outfit right now... A girl took my photo outside but it still hasnt been put online ^^' So you have to deal with this amusing photo of me and model Chokelate who was a giant compared to me. Actually she was sat very close to me and was also at the dinner the night before so we got to chat a little which greatly improved the impression i'd had of her before ^^'
Photo thanks to Michaela :)

Anyways~~ its outfit details you want and not my incessant ramblings you want isn't it?                                                                                                                                    
Today outfit was again, handmade! Originally i wanted quite and OTT gothic outfit but i don't think i made it into the OTT category honestly. However I'm still really with how it came out! It was a classic flared fit with chiffon 'damaged effect' ruffles down the sides and back. Melting and and making the ruffles was actually the most time consuming part of making this. To create the effect i had to melt approximately 10m of chiffon strips so i was stood over a little flame for a long time :( It was pretty fun though lol
This time i also made the chiffon blouse, this was actually the first time ive completed a chiffon blouse and the second time ive attempted it. The first time went very, very wrong in the cutting process so i went in a strop and its still half finished and needs pieces recutting... I found the trick to working with chiffon is to use a cutting matt and a rotary cutting blade instead of the conventional scissor method. This means that you arent pulling the fabric or lifting it which can distort the shape you cut when using scissors and you end up with nice straight lines. Other parts of my outfit include a bonnet by Stocking Shock, handmade bows, chains and key hair clip, foam millinery roses, a cross and a winged heart necklace.  Creds for photo right to Saoirse Clohesse, creds for below is in the picture.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    



 With the tea party over after only a couple of hours we all parted ways back into the holes whence we came :'( I got to hang out with a few of my local group again before I headed to Kings Cross to get the train home. About which i have a little story~

Since the train home was quite late I stopped in a resteraunt/ cafe at Kings Cross station for some food. Whilst sat eating, two Japanese girls walked past and stopped in front of me and exclaimed 'Kawaii' very loudly! Actually i was very surprised but very happy. This is the first time something like that has happened to me since normally when i walk past a Japanese person in lolita they have no clue or show no reaction to it. It was quite a big compliment to me i suppose...

After food i went and sat on the floor in front of the boards and was attracting a lot of attention, more than normal even since the bonnet was a bit more 'out there' than a regular lolita outfit. Anyway i boarded the train and sat with a family for a portion of my journey home. I always enjoy travelling in Lolita to see peoples reactions. Often theres a look from everyone on the train that seems like i'm an 'elephant in the room' sort of topic. Seeing peoples confliction over wanting to say something but not wanting to be rude is quite amusing! And when you're on a long train jouney it can be pretty boring. Once the train had emptied I took a few photos ^^'

 Well, I think that's everything, guys. I had a fabulous weekend and didn't want it to be over, but life goes on, doesn't it? Le sigh... I guess I'll see you next time~


P.S How many of you are regular readers? I only have 3 followers on here but i still get quite a lot of hits these days and i'm nosy. Please comment if you read this blog and how you found me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment